YIMI now offers accredited distance learning for our 200 hour and 350 hour Yoga Teacher Training courses.
This course is a Yoga Australia accredited distance Yoga Teacher Training program. Upon completion, you will be a qualified as a Yoga Teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga. You will also qualify to upgrade with our Advanced Diploma in Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training, Meditation, Restorative Yoga, and post -graduate specialties. This course also qualifies you for provisional Yoga Australia membership. For full level 1 membership recognition, consider the 350 hour distance yoga teacher training program.
The course follows an integrative medicinal approach, combining the best of Western Biomedicine with Eastern Yoga philosophy and practice, delivered through home study, home practice, assignments and mentoring.
What you will learn
- History of yoga
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Yogic philosophy
- Anatomy & physiology for yoga
- Energetic anatomy & metaphysics
- Asana, bandhas & mudras
- Teaching techniques, sequencing & adjustment
- Pranayama, meditation, mantra
You will be mentored by a qualified and experienced senior teacher for the duration of your training.
- Access to YIMI course manuals and reading material
- Assignments – practical and theoretical
- Home practice
- Regular mentoring sessions with a qualified and experienced senior teacher, via Skype, telephone or other online modalities.
Distance training can be started at anytime. We recommend 12 months to complete the course but this can vary depending on your learning style.
Please follow these 2 steps to enrol in the 200 hour Distance Yoga Teacher Training course
- Read our policies. YIMI policies are also provided when enrolling.
- Choose upfront payment or a payment plan:
YIMI does not take orders for books or props. All props are available for purchase from Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat and Zama Yoga Toowong. Please contact the studio you wish to purchase them from or find an alternative place to purchase.
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 1 bolster
- 2 blocks
- 2 blankets
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
All books are available for purchase at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat (subject to stock). Please contact Celia directly to order books or find an alternative place to purchase.
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stephens
Recommended reading (not required):
- The Language of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
Some yoga experience is required, but there are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is fully accredited with Yoga Australia. Please refer to Yoga Australia membership guidelines. 200 hour graduates are eligible for provisional membership of Yoga Australia and 350 hour graduates are eligible for full membership of Yoga Australia. Both the 200 hour and 350 hour course will have you qualified to obtain insurance to teach yoga.
Upgrading your qualifications
Upon completion of our yoga teacher training courses, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.