Are you already a yoga teacher looking to upgrade your training?
In 2017 we are delighted to offer an upgrade to 500 hours for qualified 350 hour yoga teachers. At 500 hours you are eligible for level 2 registration with Yoga Australia*
If you are a 200 hour teacher you can combine our 350hr upgrade with this course to get you to 500 hours.
Course Details 2017
The 500hr upgrade course requirements include the five modules, as below:
- Restorative Yoga Therapeutics – March & April 2017
- Yoga Nidra – May 2017
- Meditation for the Brain & Neuroscience – September 2017
- Yoga Psychology & Spiritual Development – October 2017
- Traditional Yoga Therapy – November 2017
Each module includes workshops, home practice, required reading and assignments. Please see each module description for the details of each module.
Our teaching team are highly qualified and experienced within their fields. You will be taught by:
The 500hr yoga teacher training upgrade is scheduled on the following weekends at Upper Brookfield Retreat:
We offer upfront options and payment plans for all of our yoga teacher training courses. Click on the payment option of your choice to be taken directly to the YIMI Mind Body Online shopping cart. From here you will see your chosen course in the cart and you can proceed to checkout.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
*Qualified teachers are eligible for level 2 registration with Yoga Australia after 500 hours of training and 5 years of teaching.
For Restorative Yoga Therapeutics:
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by B.K.S Iyengar
- Relax and Renew by Judith Hansen Lasater
For Meditation for the Brain and Neuroscience
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Brains Way of Healing by Norman Doidge
For Yoga Psychology & Spiritual Development
- A copy of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is required. Here are some recommended options:
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud (recommended)
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
For Traditional Yoga Therapy
- Principle’s and Practice of Yoga Therapy Book 1 Dr N Chandrasekaran
- Religiousness in Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar
- 1 yoga mat
- 1 yoga strap
- 4 bolsters
- 2 blocks
- 4 blankets
- 3 eye pillows
- 2 sand bags (or 2 extra blankets)
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
- 1 Yoga chair
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days