Yoga is a State of Mind. Yoga is the science of understanding the mind. Yoga is the practices that lead us to this state. Yoga IS the science of Meditation.
Develop an ancient insight into the understanding of the human mind. Learn the psychological and philosophical frameworks that have shaped the spiritual intelligence of the current day.
Delve into the ancient yogic philosophy and understanding of how the mind works – understanding your own mind fluently and the mind of others.
This course is an insightful and joyous look into a philosophy that has inspired for millennia. It will nurture your creativity and inspire you to bring this insight to your own life and your own therapeutic practice. This is a deep exploration of Eastern Psychology in conjunction with modern yoga therapy for the mind.
What you will learn
In this module we will study the wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga sutras to define and understand the mind; Learn what interrupts our mental clarity; What obstructs our Higher Knowledge.
Patanjali tells us that it is the mind that creates our suffering and it is the mind that contains the solutions to overcome suffering and live with clarity.
We examine the theory and practice of Yoga from the sutras to lead us to a contemplative state.
We will also draw on the wisdom of the Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita.
We will see how this ancient system of psychology and philosophy supports the current human condition now just as well as it has for thousands of years.
Study with the brilliant mind of Leanne Davis, who is the most accomplished professional expert in Yoga Psychology within Australia.
The Yoga Psychology and Spiritual Development course is scheduled from 8am – 4:30pm Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th October 2017 at Upper Brookfield Retreat
If you are enrolling in the Advanced Diploma in Yoga & Meditation teacher training, or the Meditation Teacher Training course, please enrol in this course to secure your place. You must also enrol in your other elected modules to complete your enrolment.
Yoga Psychology course entry requirement is a minimum of 200 hour yoga teacher training. Special considerations based on prior learning upon request. Contact us if you are unsure, we are always happy to help.
Click on the payment button to be taken directly to the YIMI Mind Body Online shopping cart. From here you will see your chosen course in the cart and you can proceed to checkout.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of courses with YIMI to upgrade your qualification.
This course is also part of the Meditation Teacher Training* and Advanced Diploma of Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training and credits toward the completion of these courses.
*Want to become an accredited Meditation Teacher? Consider the Meditation Teacher Training course. The Meditation Teacher Training is a Meditation Australia accredited course offering a pathway towards Senior Membership. Find out more here.
- A copy of The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is required. Here are some recommended options:
- The essence of Yoga: Reflections on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Bernard Bouanchaud
- Inside The Yoga Sutras – by Reverend Jaganath Carrera
- Liberating Isolation : the Yogasutra of Patanjali
- The Heart of Yoga by T. K. V. Desikachar
- You will also need a copy of the following invocations (You can download copies of the invocations here):
- Saha na vavatu
- Prayer to Patanjali
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- The Upanishads: A Classic of Indian Spirituality by Eknath Easwaran
- 1 zafu meditation cushion cotton
- 1 zabuton meditation base cushion (optional)
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days