YIMI Barre is a fun and upbeat course designed for qualified yoga and dance teachers, and Pilates and fitness teachers, looking to add barre to their repertoire; Learn new skills and have fun whilst doing it!
Barre classes combine the principals of Ballet, Pilates and Yoga and fuses them together to create a workout that tones, lengthens and strengthens the body. Like Pilates, barre is an accessible way to improve flexibility, build strength, and develop control and endurance in the whole body. It puts emphasis on alignment, breathing, and developing coordination, balance and posture. The barre workout uses repetitive strength exercises at the Ballet barre to suit any level of student from beginner to advanced. No dance experience is required.
The YIMI barre course is tailor made to get you out there confidently teaching in studios, gyms, halls and wherever else you can find a group of people keen for a good laugh (and workout) at the barre!
What you will learn
- In depth analysis of repertoire on the barre, mat and small apparatus
- Study of the use of the barre, small apparatus and safety protocols
- Teaching Methodology
- Planning and sequencing
You will be taught by qualified and experienced teachers
- Samantha Lindsay-German – Pilates & Yoga Teacher
- Aislinn Kenyon – Dance & Yoga Teacher
Course Details 2017
- 3 workshops over 3 consecutive days Friday 4th – Sunday 6th August 2017 at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Home practice, required reading and assignments
- In-class practice & observation at Zama Yoga Toowong
You must be an existing and fully qualified teacher in yoga, Pilates, dance or fitness to take part in the YIMI Barre teacher training course.
Click on the payment button to be taken directly to the YIMI Mind Body Online shopping cart. From here you will see your chosen course in the cart and you can proceed to checkout.
YIMI certificate of completion will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
- Yoga Mat
All other props will be provided
We have lots of further information on our FAQ’s page such as
- how to find our studios
- where to stay if you need accommodation
- where to park
- what to do if you live too far away to attend our studios for class hours*
- what to do if you know in advance that you cannot attend some teacher training days