“From the clear knowledge of the Bhagavad Gita all the goals of human existence become fulfilled. Bhagavad Gita is the manifest quintessence of all the teachings of the Vedic scriptures”
– from the commentary by Adi Shankara, the 8th century Spiritual Master
Bhagavad Gita is a practical text set in the context of war representing the perpetual warfare – conflict in the human mind. It is the heart of the Epic Mahabharata, rendered in verse form (hence called Bhagavad Gita – song of the Lord) in 700 verses through 18 chapters. It deals with Karma (action), Jnana (knowledge) and Bhakti (devotion) in the seeking of self-knowledge. All human beings, of all times, whatever be our belief, orientation or context, can universally benefit from the message of the Gita.
Let us understand this text, which is, in many ways, more practical than the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, through a systematic study of the most important verses and their practical relevance and application.
The course will focus on:
- Study of the verses and their meaning and relevance
- Comparison and references from Yoga Sutra and other yoga texts
- Learning to chant important verses
- Discussions and self-reflective activity to deepen the understanding
- Discover practices for an inspired living
Spread over 2 weeks (10 days) with additional guest lectures on important concepts from the text will take you to the next step from Yoga, towards understanding the true meaning and purpose of our existence.
When? 2nd – 13th January 2017
Where? Yoga Vahini – Chennai, India
Principal teacher – Saraswathi Vasudevan
Group leader – Leanne Davis
A $500 deposit is required to confirm your place (registration open from 1st July 2016 and non refundable after 1st September 2016). Please click here to contact Leanne Davis for registration and to pay the deposit.
- Payment to Yoga Vahini in January 2017 $650 US plus approx. total of $65 AUST for breakfast and afternoon tea for 10 days.
- Accommodation at Orchid Serenity Apartments:
- Single room approx. $42 per night or
- Twin share approx. $25 each per night
- India single entry tourist visa approx $105
- Airfares approx. $1500+ (Singapore Airlines)
Allow about $4000 in total including spending money
How to book
Please contact Leanne Davis directly to register book your place:
- Phone: (07) 3511 0418
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org