Have you ever thought about yoga teacher training? From the bottom of our hearts we truly believe the study of yoga to be an experience you will always thank yourself for. Whether you wish to teach, or simply deepen your practice and understanding, yoga study is a path of growth and development we encourage you to take.
We have comprehensive courses to explore the art and science of yoga. The courses aim to inspire teacher trainers to enhance their lives through yoga & meditation, and share this with others. Our teacher training courses are designed for anyone who wishes to deepen their understanding of yoga, or who wishes to become a yoga and meditation teacher. They follow an integrative medicinal approach, combining the best of Western Biomedicine with Eastern Yoga philosophy and practice.
The practices of Yoga, Meditation, and Ayurveda will be studied in depth to bring health, inner stillness, clarity, and compassion to life. The Mind-Body medicine course component aims to provide not only a deeper self awareness, but also essential health and well-being to future teachers and the community at large.
At YIMI we offer 200hr and 350hr yoga teacher training courses that are registered with Yoga Australia. The courses include workshops and retreats at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat and/or Zama Yoga, daily home practice schedules, enjoyable study to suit your lifestyle, and weekly classes. All of this combines to bring you quality education over a 12 month period. Upon completion, you will be qualified and ready to teach yoga, feeling confident in your practice, ability and knowledge.
YIMI remains true to yoga in its traditional form, while offering insight into modern forms and styles of yoga. You will learn hatha yoga asana, which will provide you with the foundation to teach most modern styles of yoga, while also covering all the other aspects of yoga, with a focus on mindfulness and presence.
Find out more about our yoga teacher training programs by clicking on the links below.
Full 350hr yoga teacher training
If you would like to start your teacher training and become an accredited level 1 yoga teacher, or you are looking to deepen your personal practice, then this is the course for you. Choosing a 350hr option in advance means the course will work out cheaper for you in the long run. You can start the program with the 200hr intensive portion of the training in June & October or October & January and complete the 350hr portion during the intesnive in September. You will complete your training in 3 parts. Your schedule will look like this:
June/October & September intake 2015
at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Part 1: 7 consecutive days from Saturday 27th June 2015 up to and including Friday 3rd July 2015
- Part 2: 9 workshops from Saturday 19th September 2015 up to and including Sunday 27th September 2015
- Part 3: 7 consecutive Fridays from Friday 2nd October 2015 up to and including Friday 13th November 2015
September & October/January intake 2015/16
- Part 1: 9 workshops from Saturday 20th September 2015 up to and including Sunday 28 September 2014, timings each day vary. (See below for full schedule) at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Part 2: 7 Fridays from Friday 2nd October 2015 up to and including Friday 13th November 2015 7:15am – 9:15am and 10:45am – 4pm at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Part 3: 7 consecutive days in January 2016 (Dates TBC) at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat
Alternatively you can begin your training with the 200hr intensive course and then choose a 350hr option in 2016. Either part-time or during the intensive in September 2016.
200hr – 350hr intensive yoga teacher training
Are you already a yoga teacher looking to upgrade your training? We offer an upgrade program to 350 hours for already qualified 200 hour yoga teachers. If you would like to upgrade your training then this is the course for you. Your schedule will look like this:
- 9 days: Saturday 19th September 2015 – 27th September 2015 (timings each day vary) at Zama Yoga Toowong
200hr yoga teacher training
If you would like to start your journey into yoga teacher training but aren’t quite sure where you would like it to lead you then perhaps consider starting with our 200hr course. It is a fully accredited course and upon completion, you will be qualified and ready to teach yoga if that’s what you choose. Under the Yoga Australia guidelines you are a provisional member at 200 hours but you can still get insurance to teach yoga. You will have to upgrade to a 350hr course within 3 years if you would like to be a full level 1 member. Our courses are structured so you can choose an upgrade option that suits your lifestyle and schedule: either intensive studying or part-time. The next 200hr intake is coming up in June. Your schedule will look like this:
- Part 1: 7 consecutive days from Saturday 27th June 2015 up to and including Friday 3rd July 2015 (timings each day vary) at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Part 2: 7 consecutive Fridays from Friday 2nd October 2015 up to and including Friday 13th November 2015 (times TBC) at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Part 1: 7 Fridays from Friday 2nd October 2015 up to and including Friday 13th November 2015 7:15am – 9:15am and 10:45am – 4pm at Zama Yoga Toowong
- Part 2: 7 consecutive days in January 2016 (dates TBC) at Celia Roberts Upper Brookfield Retreat
What our students say
“I initially decided to do teacher training with to learn more about yoga and to improve my home practice. I’ve found the course to be an amazing and enriching experience, giving me a connection to my teacher and other students that was unexpected and for which I now feel so much appreciation. It has changed me physically and emotionally and expanded my awareness in more than yoga. I feel now that I have a belief in myself as a teacher and have actually taught my first classes – yes me! I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to connect with such an amazing experience.” Tracy Murray, 50, Financial Controller
“I have found yoga teacher training to be a wonderful, joyful path for personal transformation, which is as yoga should be! Celia is a caring, skilful teacher who nurtures the growth of her students. She’s taken us all into the wonderful rich depths of yoga, both its practice and philosophy. In her own life she models its transformative power. It’s a joy to be in her class and the learning we are doing is a gift for life.” Erica Lee