Forward bends are known for their calming effect on the body and mind. Begin your sequence with 5-10 breaths in these forward folds. Remember to keep the knees bent if you have tightness in the hamstrings. The idea is to relax into the postures rather than hold unwanted tension in the body.
- Uttanasana: Standing forward bend
- Prasarita Uttanasana: Wide legged standing forward bend
- Adho Mukha Svanasana: Downward facing dog
Follow your forward bends with 5-10 breaths in these inversions. Inversions are essential for calming the nervous system and preparing the body for sleep.
- Salamba Sarvangasana: supported shoulderstand
- Halasana: plough pose
- Viparita Karani: Legs up the wall
Take a few breaths in Savasana to finish your practice.